Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Getting Immune to Bee Venom

I had my skin tests yesterday, and they covered white faced hornets, yellow jackets, yellow hornets, wasps, and honey bees. The only one I reacted to was the honey bee. Drat....

So I'm going to be starting a series of shots next week, a bit more involved than my usual ones, but it seems that by spring, I should be able to take two sting's worth of bee poison without a problem. With the way the shots work, I should be building antibody blockers with gradually greater amounts of venom.

If only the test site where they did the 0.1 concentration of venom wasn't itching so much today... *sigh* But the good thing is actually finding out that there is a treatment to just insure that the systemic thing Will Never Happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment