Thursday, September 12, 2013

Worth It...

Clear
It was worth it.

The bees are now inside, and not hanging out in curtains on the outside of the box. I'm grateful, especially since Colorado seems to be having more rain this one week than it has had nearly all year. There's been flash flooding up and down the Front Range, but we're high enough up and our neighborhood has plenty of planned drainage. The hive is on high ground in our yard, too, and as you can see from this, it was high and dry and seems to be doing just fine at the moment.

My ankle is really swollen, though, and hurting enough to make me testy. *shakes head at self* It'll get better. I had the same pain and swelling reaction with my right index finger, but the pinky that got pinged yesterday is stiff and itchy, but not swelling quite as badly. I think that bee just didn't get to pump quite as much toxin into me. I think it'll be better tomorrow, after sleep, but I've taken Benedryl, iced like mad, and it's still swollen and hot to the touch. Not sure it's bad enough to go to the doctor, as it's not swelling of a whole limb, nor is it affecting my breathing. Still... it's all the more incentive to use smoke and my super thick socks (or even a couple layers of them) next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment